Sample and sip your way through some of Uptown Charlotte’s best representations of the local South through Feast Food Tour’s Soul of the South event June 2nd. Chefs and restaurant owners will explain the influence of Southern Heritage in their cuisine & beverage menus. Many of their recipes are Southern family traditions, others are created by what a local farm can provide that week, and some are a modern twist on Southern cuisine. You will get a taste of craft beers and other food products made right here in the South and stroll along city streets by some great examples of Charlotte’s historical past.
- Sample culinary treasures from a variety of locally owned restaurants, farms, and artisans.
- Intimate experience with a tour group size around 12 guests or less.
- Meet the owners and chefs and hear their passionate stories about their business, personal journey, and specialties.
- Behind-the-scenes glimpse into a late 1800’s Southern Home.
- Taste an example of craft beer produced either in Charlotte or North Carolina.
- A glimpse into Charlotte’s city market full of culinary shopping gems.
- Wine tastings paired nicely with delicious Southern family recipes.
- See great examples of Old South architecture and learn some Charlotte history along the way.
Itinerary & Logistic
- Price: $55 per person
- When: Friday
- Time: 4pm – 7pm – approximately 3 hours
- Where: Meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase
- Transportation: Your feet!
- Distance covered: about 2 miles
- Discounted Parking
- The amount of tastings on the tour is equivalent to a light meal.
(However, most guests leave saying “they are stuffed!”)
How to Prepare
What to bring: water, sunscreen, cash for any desired purchases, a camera to capture any food memories.
Dress appropriately for the weather.
Please bring a government-issued ID if you plan on participating in alcoholic tastings.